The Catalyst position takes the role of running a startup, but within the confines of an established company (3to60) providing guidance, a place to work, advisory services, materials and product procurement, technology development, website and marketing creation and a host of other services needed to create a product or brand.
The successful Catalyst will be the key decision maker for the new product/brand and will run the operation as the effective CEO/President.
What the successful Catalyst needs:
- insane work ethic
- a true passion for the product and brand
- focus and determination
- related skills in AN area required for the product brand - technical? great! fantastic marketer? great! but you have to bring something to the table beyond just hours
- a willingness to work within a construct designed to push success - that means the board assigned to the company is going to give advice
What the successful Catalyst exit looks like:
- a new company (newco) formed (most likely a Delaware LLC)
- significant equity level as a founder
- a developed product, brand, roadmap, talent...
- 3to60 as a non-majority but significant equity holder (as the incubator)